Things you must do in South Africa and our lekker local delicacies
6 Things you must do in South Africa.
1. Eat a boerewors roll, and the best way to eat this is with fried onions and lots of tomato sauce (ketchup)
2. Blow a vuvuzela, this could take some practice.
3. Hike Table Mountain it is one of our most iconic views.
4. Take a ride in a minibus taxi, just remember to keep it safe and your wits about you.
5. You have to have a braai.
6. Visit Plettenberg Bay on the Garden Route
Boerewors – sausage made of beef, ostrich or lamb, usually cooked on a braai
Biltong – dried and salted meat
Bunny Chow – curry served inside a hollowed out bread loaf
Chakalaka – spicy vegetable relish usually served with pap
Koeksisters – deep fried plaits of pastry doused in syrup
Milk tart – milk based custard tart
Bobotie – Cape Malay curried mince dish
Pap – maize meal which is our staple diet